The goal of Most items can be returned without any restocking fee within 30 days of purchase. They must be complete and in resalable condition.
There are 3 questions we ask when processing a return:
1. Is it a returnable item?
Due to copyright laws, health concerns or usability & practical concerns, we are unable to offer returns on the following:
- Completed labour (diagnostics, setups, installation, data transfers or 1-on-1 training)
- Shipping and handling fees
- Shipping insurance
- Special-order items
- Clearance or final-sale items
- Apple build-to-order computers
- Opened in-ear audio products
- Opened wearables (eg. Apple Watch, headphones)
- Opened software and software licenses
- Opened storage media (blank CDs & DVDs, USB drives, SD/CF cards, hard drives, etc.)
- Opened consumables (paper, printer inks and toners, batteries)
- AppleCare Protection Plans may be refunded only at the sole discretion of Apple Canada. To speak to Apple to request a refund on opened AppleCare, please call 1.800.263.3394.
- Leased items are bound by their original contract
- Gift cards
2. How long has it been since the product was purchased?
The following are items that can be returned within 14 days:
- Computers (eg. Mac) that are not build-to-order
- Tablets (eg. iPad)
- Phones (eg. iPhone)
- Wearables (eg. Apple Watch, headphones), unopened
3. Has the item been opened?
If an item has not been opened, and meets the criteria above, we will provide a full refund as detailed in Method of Payment below.
If an item other than a computer or tablet has been opened but is in perfect, complete, and resalable condition, we will provide a full refund as detailed in Method of Payment below.
For computers, phones and tablets that are opened but remain in perfect, complete, and resalable condition, Pay a 15% restocking fee, with the remainder refunded as per Method of Payment below.
If an item has been opened and is missing the box, packaging or accessories, or we determine it is not in resalable condition, a minimum 15% restocking fee will apply. The remainder of purchase amount after restocking fee will be refunded as detailed in Method of Payment below. If the original purchase included a promotional offer or gift item such a Simply Computing gift card, the promotional item must be returned in resalable condition or reimbursement made to Simply Computing for the cost. For example, a Simply Computing gift card must be returned unused and still valid for the original amount.
Method Of Payment
Refunds are issued to the original method of payment. For refunds to a credit or debit card, only the identical card used to make the original purchase will be credited with the refund. To protect our customers, card refunds require the card bearer to be present. We reserve the right to request photo ID when crediting a card. Refunds may take up to 10 business days to show up on your account statement from your financial institution. For debit cards, banks often limit refunds to around $300. If a debit refund in the full amount is not possible for this reason, or if your original payment was over $100 in cash, Diversions will mail you a cheque for the refund amount (please allow 5-7 business days for a cheque to be issued).